Waited for Dawn

its been a long time
and I’ve been on that shoreline
not waiting for a damn thing
other than myself
these thanksgivings
that come and go
what have they done to me
under these folded shoulders
dancing under the swoon
frost this morning
and dreams so vivid
I thought it must be true

the inspired stop to tell me
their feelings of recourse
I can only respond with
my feelings of discourse
had it been all that romantic?
stealing the gifts of others
hadn't I been turned away
hasn’t my heart already been broken
thousands and thousands of times
haven’t they all disappointed me still
and wouldn’t they say; they were fooled
by me

is my cheek so hollowed now to hide
a mansion on the hill
or is my heart so hardened now to hold
all love at bay
what did I gain dreaming at the bayou
or drunken in run down shacks
did single motherhood deter me
or the shame of my desert
I have come to much
in the years since I was young
what do I despair from all that time
the songs I wish I’d sung




November 22, 2007




© 2007 woundedlordliterature


ШАМРО

No comments: