Solitude Cowboy Blues Walk, 2013

The muse was absolutely naked
the orchestra began
a forest idyll mocking
the morning dance
of the nymphs.
 
The darkness of the auditorium
misplaced the meaning
of the aria,
a courteous capital no
has been the tides mantra
gifting junk by junk
an incremental tenant
at some point
the pressure of the universe
splits an atom and an isotope reveals
that mercy is no riddle
to the faint hearted
 - that cradle
has an allowance for variance
tonight I had the oft moment
to look into who I used to be
I declined, not for the pain, yet,
the child has grown
and I finally have become
that which I think I’ll be,
youth gets lost, too lost to be found.
the bludgeoning of motor-skills
becomes the ultimate enemy
what is lost is gone, what is gone
never wished to stay,
it is okay now to remain who I am
at some point, it has made no difference,
adolescence is grim,
I meant for it to be – better than it was;
which seems to be my excuse for
everyday that has passed since.
I’ve fought so hard to gain control
that ultimately that which I wished for
fleetingly abandoned me
and even for a time, I  didn’t believe
I’d ever get this far
G-d has done me some favors
and now I ask, what do I do
in return?
I await an answer,
all I ask is will you wait for me
to finally get it right?
will you forgive me if I do?

its been 28 years since the bomb
went off, 28 years of grieving and searching
the missing pieces to just say
 - ‘tis done!  The myth has settled
a man learned, a father wise,
a husband realized.
I’m sorry for my failures that is
no doubt, I’m sorry for the pain
I had. I wish I could have
given it to the ghost sooner.
Dying and living is a subtle charm
and you do it all alone
I’ll miss you – great pain
and lonesome muse
but do you need me anyway?
if you do, then stick around
I’ll surely be your friend.
 
a memory a last: when I listen to
Girl From the North Country – I remember a
sweet dream, walking the winter streets
of Princeton – friendless – but exhilarated
by the opportunity that
was in front of me
I had the tape in my car and I’d
go to this bookstore to browse
and wouldn’t buy a thing – too poor –
and later be drunk walking Nassau
and staring into the window
and singing the song to the reflection
in the window & the girls walking by
to chuckle – that – that is the you I
miss now –  not the dying desperate
lovelorn fool of unrequited faith –
the boy I mentioned was damaged
but good and would have done
anything for you – he was the poet – 19!
he was the man I’ve become!
somewhere slowly
somewhere holy
somewhere waiting
-          just missing.

 

Oct 17, 2013

© 2013 woundedlordliterature
 
ШАМРО

No comments: